Demon Hunter Stats and Attributes
Diablo 3 includes several character stat attributes, including 4 core stats. Each class has one primary core attribute. Character stat attributes are not assigned by the player, but allocated to the character automatically. As the character progresses and levels up, stat attributes increase. Details on the rate at which stat attributes increase has yet to be disclosed.
The primary stat attribute for the Demon Hunter is Dexterity, it determines the power of attacks executed by the Demon Hunter and also increases the Demon Hunters ability to dodge incoming attacks. According to Blizzard, targeting stats at specific classes reduces the extent of item overlap and increases the diversity of the item pool, thus making it easier for players to conclude if an item is useful or not for their character.
Demon Hunter Gear Progression
Like most Blizzard games, progression in Diablo 3 is as much about Gear as it is about level. Stats and attributes are no longer allocated by players, but increase automatically as characters level up. While these stats and attributes do contribute to the magnitude of skill damage, the primary variable effecting skill damage is itemized Weapons damage.
Despite unified gear progression across the classes, gear itemization and class-specific items allow for diversity beyond skills defined by class, talent builds and Runestones. Armor and weapons unique to the Demon Hunter include Cloaks, Quivers and Hand Crossbows.
Demon Hunter Stats Priorities
The primary core stat for Demon Hunter is Dexterity. The Dexterity attribute increases the damage output of the Demon Hunter and increases the ability of the Demon Hunter to dodge attacks.
Strength is the core stat/attribute of the Barbarian class.
– Strength determines the power of attacks executed by the Barbarian
– Strength determines the amount of Armor your Demon Hunter possesses
Dexterity is the core stat/attribute of your Demon Hunter as well as the Monk class.
– Dexterity determines the power of attacks executed by your Witch Doctor and the Monk
– Dexterity determines the ability of your Demon Hunter to dodge
Intellect is the core stat/attribute of the Witch Doctor and Wizard classes.
– Intellect determines the power of spells cast by the Witch Doctor and the Wizard
– Intellect determines the amount of health your Demon Hunter gains from Health Globes
Vitality is the core stat/attribute that directly affects the health pool of all Diablo 3 classes.
– Vitality determines the amount of Health your Demon Hunter possess